How does Under One Roof work?
Under One Roof is for people who want to rent a home from a housing association in St Helens. Many housing association properties are now let in this way. This means that if you want to rent a home from a housing association that is part of Under One Roof, you will need to join the scheme so that your need for housing can be assessed.
Helena,Your Housing Group (formerly Arena Homes) and Riverside are full partners of Under One Roof and do not have their own housing waiting lists. Under One Roof also works with other housing associations in St Helens who have agreed to advertise some of their properties through Under One Roof but do have waiting lists of their own, which you can apply to directly.
Click here to see a list of the housing associations we work with>>
Homes that are available for rent in the Under One Roof scheme will be advertised every two weeks.
What are the advantages of Under One Roof?
Under One Roof gives you a more active role in choosing a new home that is right for your circumstances. Under One Roof will advertise all available homes in a number of ways and when you are a member it is up to you to let us know which properties you are interested in. Each time we advertise you can make up to three bids for properties you are interested in.
- You can see which homes are available every two weeks, in local newspapers, local housing offices and on our website.
- You will have more choice about where you live.
- There is less wasted time offering an available home to someone who does not want it.
- The scheme is fair and transparent.
- The scheme is easy to understand and there is more information available about who is eligible for each property. This information is in the Allocations Policy, which you can download from our website or receive by contacting Under One Roof.
- There are published service standards so you know what you can expect from Under One Roof.
- Our website will contain feedback on lettings to help you make better bids in the future.
- You will be given the support you need if you require extra help to find a suitable home. The Under One Roof team is a single point of contact for all enquiries, and they have all the information at their fingertips to provide an excellent service. You can call the team on 01744 63 63 63 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to find out which organisations are involved>>
Click here to find out how to become a member>>